Datasite Virtual Data Room Review
Datasite provides its users with virtual data room solutions. They incorporate over 50 years of experience with M&A deals to create a tool to facilitate mergers and other business dealings. As a result, Datasite has helped companies fundraise, complete due diligence, and is one of the most recognizable virtual data room providers on the market.
Security is sought after in the data room industry, but what kinds of special security features does Datasite employ in its software?
Datasite’s ironclad security is GDPR compliant, and they are also ICO 27001 certified. Two-factor authentication and additional security features inside of the data room make them an almost impenetrable file fortress. Through the ability to obscure sensitive data and give permission to groups or individual users, the files held in the Datasite virtual data room will be safe from leaks and other security breaches. Not to mention that it also has a built-in file management system.
Finding files in that space is not difficult due to Optical Character Recognition (OCR), and with the help of the software’s internal AI, you can quickly access required documents. Search results can be generated in 14 languages, and you can translate files inside the data room into 21 languages. Add to that smart categorization tools and document preview, and it makes the Datasite offer even more enticing.
Pricing of this particular data room provider is straightforward — only one plan with unlimited storage and an unlimited number of users. However, plans are customized to meet your company’s specific needs, contact them directly for a personalized quote. Datasite is a customer-centric company; they will work with you to find a plan that best suits your needs. Datasite also guarantees liability for any damages up to 420,000 euros.
Now, let’s take a look at some pros and cons of the virtual data room. What are users noticing that might help you decide on choosing the right solution for your company?
- One clean interface helps with managing data.
- Granular access permission — thanks to this option, it is really easy for the clients to control who has access to what.
- Document uploading is easy thanks to the drag-and-drop function and email uploading capabilities.
- The support desk is always available to help you with any queries you might have.
- Text recognition serves as a great helper in file management.
- Datasite has one pricing plan, it is different for each client.
- There are some hidden fees for uploading various file formats to the virtual data room — video files are charged differently than office files, for instance.
- Datasite has a project minimum cost.
- There is no free trial in most cases.
- File hibernation incurs a fee.
Datasite is a virtual data room provider with a long history of facilitating complex business transactions. Their data room experience and knowledge are unparalleled and combined with their ironclad information security, it is really difficult to find a better provider. Although they have a minimum project cost and lack a free trial, they are worth checking out. See how their software solution can benefit your business.